Hello, Product Makers!
Diana from Customer Education here, with next month’s exciting array of hands-on clinics, live trainings, drop-in office hours and more.
NOTE: Did you hear the news? Live trainings have been moved to our Productboard Academy! We recommend logging into Productboard before accessing the Productboard Academy for the first time.
Every Tuesday: Productboard 101
Formerly known as “Getting Started with Productboard”
New to Productboard? Get started with our 30 minute webinar covering the basics, with an optional 15 minutes for Q&A. We’ll show you how to turn customer feedback into actionable data, make quick feature prioritization decisions, and create simple roadmaps for your colleagues.
Every Thursday: Productboard Coaching Office Hours
Formerly known as “Live Productboard Coaching”
Want to ask our team of Customer Success experts about how to set up your Productboard account? Need to bounce a few ideas off of someone about your strategy? Live Productboard chats are open-ended conversations with Customer Success Coaches and other users. Stay for the entire session – or just swing by during a free moment!
Special Clinics & Workshops
October 5: Streamline your workflow with views
Work smarter, not harder. We'll show you our most popular Features board configurations to track every step of the product lifecycle.
In this 30 minute clinic, we will show you how you can streamline your workflow with views.
We will walk you through different types of views you can create, including:
- Feature backlog: what’s most important to our customers?
- Evaluate: which ideas do we move into prioritization?
- Prioritize: what should we build next?
- Visualize & Plan releases: when will we work on it?
- Status: understand where each feature is throughout its lifecycle
- Customer: what’s in development and who’s working on it
- Executive: an 10,000 mile view of your product lifecycle
- Top Requests & Segmentation: focus on what’s most important to your customers
- Product Marketing: Understand which features are gearing up to be launched
October 12: Productboard & Microsoft Teams
Learn best practices & shortcuts for one of our most popular integrations.
As your company uses Microsoft Teams to collaborate on projects or initiatives, you’ll often encounter invaluable product feedback.
At Productboard, we want to ensure that you have a mechanism for housing this in a system-of-record. This enables you to record, categorize and leverage feedback for feature or roadmap prioritization.
In this 30 minute clinic, we’ll tackle two topics: first, we’ll drive an exploration of the Productboard <> Microsoft Teams integration and how you can use it to collect insights; second, we’ll discuss an efficient insights management process that you can adopt regardless of the method you use to collect feedback.
October 19: Getting started as a contributor
Use Productboard to share frontline requests with your product team. Intended for members of Sales, CS, Design, Marketing and other teams.
Do any of these sound familiar:
- As a CSM, my customers’ feature requests seem to disappear into a black hole and never get built.
- During Sales calls, my prospects want to know what’s on the roadmap, but I’m not sure whether our roadmap is up to date – or whether it even exists
- As a member of the Marketing team, when new features ship, I wish I could close the loop with those customers who requested them.
- I’m being asked to design a “highly-requested” feature – but I need more context to design the right solution.
As a contributor, Productboard makes it easy to share front-line requests with your product team, so they can build the right features for your customers. In turn, you’ll be able to share your team’s roadmap with customers – even customize it for their specific needs! Design and Marketing teams can use Productboard to access rich contextual data around features: who wanted it? what language did they use to ask for it? what’s their use case? who would be interested in giving an interview?
During this 30-minute session, we’ll walk you through submitting feature requests into Productboard; finding useful information for customer calls, design sessions, and release announcements; and how to access and customize your product team’s roadmaps.
October 26: Getting started with insights
Part 1 of a 2 part series. Turn your customer feedback into actionable data to identify trends, make prioritization decisions and assess product-market fit.
Ready to turn your customer feedback into actionable data? 💥
Productboard makes data-driven decision-making easier by linking notes from customers and other stakeholders to specific feature ideas in your backlog as insights. Together, these insights generate a user impact score, which you can use to identify your most requested features, features on the wish list of your VIPs, and features which will deliver a high ROI.
If you aren’t sure where to get started with Insights, this clinic is for you! This 30 minute workshop will cover:
- How to navigate your Inbox
- How to create an insight from a note
- How to bring your customer feedback into Productboard
- How to use the user impact score
- How to collect user feedback from customer-facing teams
Note: This part 1 of a 2 part series. Once you’ve created your first 10-15 insights, we recommend our Managing insights at scale webinar for best practices around collecting and processing feedback at scale.
We look forward to seeing you there!