The Product Makers Community ("Community") brings together product managers, leaders, and product teams so that, together, they can learn, grow, shape, and advocate for product excellence and can make products that matter. ProductBoard strives to foster connection, collaboration, and innovation and to balance the needs, safety, and interests of all members of this Community.
To help achieve this goal, ProductBoard ("We," “us,” or “our”) created this Code of Conduct ("Code"), which governs your participation in this Community and your interactions with ProductBoard, whether online or in the real world (such as attending any conferences, as well as any other online or offline events and gatherings, that are hosted or sponsored by, or related to, ProductBoard). Please remember to regularly review this Code, as it may be updated from time to time with or without notice to you. If any modification is unacceptable to you, you will cease using and/or accessing the Product Makers website and participating in the Community. If you do not cease using and/or accessing the Product Makers website or participating in the Community, you will be conclusively deemed to have accepted the change.
1. Guiding Principles
Be friendly, patient, and welcoming. Support a safe and inclusive environment and help us ensure that everyone follows this Code.
Be respectful. Not everyone will agree all the time, but disagreement is no excuse for poor behavior and poor manners. It's important to remember that a community in which people feel uncomfortable or threatened is not a productive one.
Be careful in the words that you choose. Be kind to others. Do not insult or put down members of our Community. Harassment and other forms of exclusionary or discriminatory behavior are not acceptable and will not be tolerated.
Try to understand why we disagree. Disagreements, both social and technical, happen all the time. It is important that everyone does their best to understand different viewpoints and to resolve disagreements constructively and with civility. Remember that everyone is different. The strength of our Community comes from the diversity of its members and from their wide range of backgrounds and experiences. Different people have different perspectives on issues. Someone is not wrong simply because you are unable to understand why that person holds a certain viewpoint. Don't forget that humans make mistakes and blaming each other doesn't lead to progress. Everyone should focus on working together to resolve issues and learning from mistakes.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are core principles that guide our work. Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Charter is located here.
Examples of behavior that contribute towards creating a positive environment include:
- Using welcoming and inclusive language;
- Being respectful of differing viewpoints and experiences;
- Referring to people by their preferred pronouns and using gender-neutral pronouns when uncertain;
- Gracefully accepting constructive criticism<;/li>
- Focusing on what is best for the Community; and
- Showing empathy towards other Community members
2. Discouraged and/or Prohibited Conduct
2.1 Profile and Personal information
Please see the lists below for examples of Profile Information and Personal Information, which are illustrative and are not exhaustive. Community members with a Product Makers account (“Users”) have the ability to provide, upload, and share Profile Information and can control whether the information is made public or private. Users are discouraged and/or prohibited from sharing Personal Information and you should not share your Personal Information without appropriate safeguards and consideration of the risks of disclosing such information. You are not allowed to share Personal Information of others (whether members of the Community or not), including through any comment or message posted on Group walls, private or public chats, forums or personal posts. Additional and updated details about Profile Information is available here.
- Name, first and last;
- Job Title;
- Member since;
- Company URL;
- The dangerous animal I deal with most is...
- Favourite Productboard feature;
- Home or other address;
- Social security, passport, or national identity number;
- Real life, personal, or family photos (these are not permitted to be uploaded for community safety); and
- Other personally identifiable information.
2.2 Harassment and cyberbullying
We do not tolerate behavior that would be considered harassment and/or cyberbullying. Examples include comments or actions meant to:
- Stalk, bully, intimidate, hurt, attack, abuse, or humiliate someone (or something that a person may care about), including, without limitation, using or encouraging the use of profanity (swearing);
- Sexualize someone or something, which includes sexual harassment and sexual bullying in any form;
- Harass or single out anyone (or something that a person cares about) for purposes of ridicule, abuse, malicious attack, or anything similar to the foregoing;
- Publicly identify the behavior of others that violates this Code (rather than posting publicly, you should follow the procedure described in Section 4 to let us know of any concerns you may have under the Code); and
- Incite or encourage others to do anything listed above.
2.3 Discriminatory speech or actions
We explicitly honor and welcome diversity of identities and experiences. We will not tolerate any discriminatory speech, content, or actions, including those which are used to condone or encourage inflammatory actions, hate speech, attacks, or any other types of discrimination, based on any of the protected characteristics below:
- Gender, gender identity and/or expression;
- Race or perceived race, ethnic or cultural origin;
- Physical characteristics;
- Mental or physical disability or disease;
- Technical ability;
- Level of experience;
- Political beliefs;
- Professional occupation;
- Religion or religious affiliation;
- Socioeconomic status; or
- Veteran status.
2.4 Rights Violating Content
You will not post or contribute content that improperly discloses a third party’s confidential information, infringes another person’s intellectual property rights, defames anyone, violates any other laws and regulations, or induces another User or Community member to do so.
2.5 Other activities
We remind you of the Guiding Principles listed above. Additionally, you may not post commercial messages or promotions, advertise, solicit or sell goods or services in our Community, attempt to gain access or provide access to areas private to the Community, or use the Community in a manner that violates applicable federal, state or local laws, our bylaws or any other policies, procedures, rules, or regulations. The list of Discouraged and Prohibited Conduct is not meant to be exhaustive.
We reserve the right: (i) to remove comments, content, or other contributions that are not aligned with this Code, and (ii) to suspend (temporarily or permanently) any Community members or Users for behavior that is determined to be inappropriate, threatening, offensive, or harmful in our sole discretion.
We pledge to prioritize marginalized peoples’ safety over privileged peoples’ comfort. We will not act on complaints regarding:
- Reasonable communication of boundaries, such as 'leave me alone,' 'go away,' or 'I'm not discussing this with you.'
- Someone's refusal to explain or debate social justice concepts
4. User Monitoring and Reporting
Community members are a powerful part of fostering a Community that achieves the purposes and culture articulated in the Code. Violations of this Code should be reported directly to the ProductBoard team by clicking on the flag button (located at the bottom right hand side of any post). Our team will be notified immediately. Doing so helps keep our Community safe at all times. Alternately, you can also report concerns by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Create an account
You can create an account below using either single sign-on or a username/password. Already have an account? Login.
Join or Login
No account? Create an account
Single sign-onEmployee login Log in with Productboard
Enter your username or e-mail address. We'll send you an e-mail with instructions to reset your password.