Hi We have released the Timeframe column for the features board that will allow you to plan features against time more effectively.
💫 What’s new?
- New column available in Misc section on Features board: Timeframe
- Assign high-level or specific time directly from the column
- Filter features by Timeframe start-end dates
- Sort feature by Timeframe start-end dates
📅 Why is this important?
The timeframe column will allow you to plan features much faster and enable new use cases like:
- Show me what have we released in the last Quarter or Month?
- Show me what's already been planned for the next Quarter or Month?
- Show me which features haven't been planned yet?
➡️ What's next?
We're working on a follow-up capability: Assign time to multiple features at once.
How to: Use the Timeframe column to plan your features against time
First off, I love the ability to set high level dates vs specific dates, and it’s one of the first features that drew my team to Productboard.
However, we’re trying to find a way to set both a high level and a specific date for a feature -- for example, we always know when we kick of a project off (i.e. the start date is specific), but we don’t always know exactly when the project will wrap up (i.e. the end date is high level). Is there a way to set one part of the timeframe as specific, and the other part as high level?
For example, I could see this happening with our timeframe: