Hi product makers ,
I’m pleased to share that we’ve just released calculated objective and release progress tracking to GA. This completes our previously released progress tracking feature.
- You can now visualize objective/release progress on roadmaps by toggling this on in the roadmap settings (there is a separate toggle for objectives, releases, and features)
- Progress is calculated from the status of the underlying features
- We have deprecated the old release sidebar, and unified the objective and release sidebar so that they have a similar look and feel
Why is it valuable?
- PMs can effectively communicate progress on all three entities (objectives, releases, and features) with a wide audience and the progress is visualized on roadmaps
- The calculation logic makes it easier for makers because the status is calculated automatically from the status of the underlying features
- This feature also brings added value to product leaders, who can track the progress of initiatives that are most important to them
- The easy-to-see visual representation makes progress accessible
- To enable flexibility for our customers, we also want to introduce manual progress tracking on all three entities (features, objectives, and releases)