Here’s your chance to be spotlighted in a video that will be viewed by thousands of product makers at the upcoming Product Excellence Summit (Oct 26–27)!
Submit a brief video (under 15 seconds):
- What do you find most inspiring/awesome about being a product maker, product manager, or product leader? What makes it your true calling?
You might also consider:
- What attracted you the field?
- What keeps you inspired on the hardest days?
- What brings you the most pride when explaining your role to a family member or friend?
To increase the chance your video will be selected, consider the tips below:
- Record your video on Loom or your preferred tool.
- Position your camera at around eye-level. If using your laptop’s built-in camera, try putting your laptop on a stand or a few books (or raise your height-adjustable desk).
- Frame your video so you are taking up most of the vertical space in the frame (see examples).
- Illuminate your face to boost video quality — try setting your display/monitor to its brightest setting to act like a big video light. Expand an application with a mostly-white background like a random webpage to full screen on your display.
- Consider what’s in the background of your shot to avoid unnecessary distractions. (But it is not required to have a completely blank background as seen in the examples.)
Submit your videos in any of the following ways:
- Share via Loom with firstname.lastname@example.org
- Upload to YouTube (sharing setting: private or unlisted), Google Drive, Dropbox, or Box and share with email@example.com
Looking forward to getting inspired by everyone’s submissions! Thank you in advance for sharing your thoughts with us.