Welcome to the September edition of Maker Matters, a monthly digest about our Product Makers community.
I’m a little late with this issue as I took a couple of weeks off and am just catching up. It was great to get some time away and I hope each of you had a fantastic wrap to August.
Six months from now, what will you wish you had spent time on today?
Being a product maker is a busy role. You have a lot that you’re juggling and managing and that sometimes means that we can lose sight of the bigger picture. So think about the above question and contextualize if you’re making the right decisions today that get you to your desired outcomes. While we may have long days we also have short years, and six months from now isn’t that far away.
- We’re launching the first of our community events this week. Check out and get registered for our two-day mini-conference September 22-24 called Growing Strong Product Makers. Come join us and gain valuable product learnings, meet others, get you back to work feeling inspired and ready to put into action what you’ve learned. Registration opens shortly!
- Our 2021 Product Excellence Summit is coming up on October 26 and 27. You can pre-register and we’ll be releasing details on all the great speakers over the two-day event shortly. If you missed last year’s event, you can also watch recordings from last year’s Product Excellence Summit.
Our new Ambassador program signup has been launched. We’re excited to grow this community further and get others involved in shaping where we go next. If you’re a passionate product maker, come join us!
If you missed it, we have some fantastic customer education events coming up in September. You can check out the complete list and signup for our array of hands-on clinics, live training, drop-in office hours, and more.
This month we kicked off our Featured Maker series with David Morgan. If you don’t know David this is a good chance to hear a bit more about his product role and diverse career and experience. Have a read, share a comment or like. We have more of these coming so keep an eye out. And if you’re interested in being a Featured Maker? Fill out our question form, and you could be selected as one of our upcoming featured makers.
As we mentioned in last month’s update we’re exploring a new mentorship program for our community to help connect folks with one another. If you’re interested, take a moment to add your mentorship preference to your profile.
We’ve made a couple of changes to the community login this month.
- We’ve added the ability to log in to the community via Productboard. You can access from the sign-in by clicking the Login with Productboard button.
- And if you don’t use one of our single sign-on methods when logging into the community, you can now sign in using your email address or your username to log in. Previously this was restricted to your username.
If you run into any issues with these, please let our community team know.
Recent Productboard updates
Our product team has released a number of new improvements to Productboard including:
- Grain integration
- Drag & drop images
- Two-way sync of title and description for our Azure DevOps integration
- Zooming on roadmaps
- Fast and mobile-friendly features (in Labs)
- Feature description templates (in Labs)
- Insights folder improvements
We’ve also been busy with our Time Horizons Roadmap beta (thanks to everyone that participated). And there’s a ton of great stuff on this way too -- just check out our Productboard Portal for all the details.
Jobs for product makers
Have an opening? Looking for a new opportunity? Check out our Jobs category for the latest roles posted by our community members.
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. — Aristotle
And finally, a big shout out to our top community members this past month: